No Bake. Fully Loaded. Trail Mix Bites.
These sweet little bites take moments to throw together and last for a few weeks in the fridge. They travel well and pack a load of energy to help you reach the summit – because, lets face it, motivation comes from good snacks. Vegan & Gluten Free.
- 3/4 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (or chopped dark chocolate)
- 3 tablespoons all natural peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- a few tablespoon water ( if needed)
- Add the almonds and sunflower seeds to the bowl of a food processor and pulse together a few times until it resembles a coarse meal
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the coconut) and pulse everything until the mixture comes together. It should look a bit crumbly bit stick together when pressed between your fingers. If its seems to dry add a tablespoon of water or an extra tablespoon of nut butter.
- Spread the coconut out in a thin layer on a plate
- Roll the mixture into tablespoon size balls and roll around in the shredded coconut to coat
- Cover and keep chilled in the fridge