‘And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you. Because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it’
Shaved Fennel and White Bean Salad with Olives, Lemon & Mint
- 2 medium bulbs fennel
- 1/2 cup cooked and rinsed white beans (cannellini, linga, butter, etc.)
- Juice of one lemon, plus a little zest
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 kalamata olives, pitted
- Handful fresh mint
- Cracked black pepper
- Slice the fennel bulbs in half and remove a tough core. Using a mandolin or sharp knife thinly slice the fennel in rounds or half moons and place in a salad bowl.
- Squeeze over lemon juice and add a little olive oil. Toss lightly together with your fingertips.
- Roughly chop the olives and mint, and add to the fennel along with the white beans
- Toss everything together and serve with black pepper and lemon zest and top with fennel fronds.
- Drizzle over a little extra olive oil, dig in!